Jun 1, 2010

What I want to Accomplish in My Life

There is a bit difference between something I dream of and something I accomplish. If someone is asked what his or her future goal is, he or she tends to reply with his or her dream in the future. I want to say the following statements are not my dream but what I definitely accomplish in my future.

I have been always drawing myself being somewhere in the foreign countries getting the job there since I was a kid. I think I may have been influenced by my father who spent his most of the time of the year in the foreign countries for his work. He seemed so cool to me when I saw him speaking English on the phone at home. He once said “If I wish for something strongly, that something will be mine.” when I inquired him how I could manage to make my dream come true. This is the theme of my life.

My father was a good father for me, but was not a good husband for my mother, I think. My parents were divorced when I was in an elementary school. As I mentioned, going abroad and getting good job there are what I accomplish, of course, but I think the person who does not care his family is, consequently, not the reliable person on his job. I do not want to be the guy like that.

As it can be seen, my father influences on my future goal in two ways; positive example as an international business man and negative example as a family leader. I saw him last week after an interval of 15 years, and talked about how we've been getting along each other. For me, he really seemed to care about his present family, therefore I was relieved to know that. What i think right now is that I want to be the one who can learn something from his past and get it useful for his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment